Monday, May 28, 2012

Favorite products - May!


I finally caved and bought the much talked about and very hyped hair product, which supposedly should be an almost miraculous hair oil that makes split ends heal and dull hair shine and come alive. The product I'm talking about is of course the Moroccanoil treatment oil, and as you can hear, I had very high expectations to this product when I purchased it in April.
Did it live up to those expectations then? Yes, it actually did! I've used it now in the entire month of May and some in April as well, and I probably used it every other day. Sometimes in damp hair after I've showered and other times in dry hair after I've dried and straightened it. It works well either way, and I feel like it really adds shine and makes my hair look healthy. I use it with the pump that comes with it, and use about two pumps of product, which I distribute in the lower part of my hair, about from my ears and down, but mostly at the ends. It is definitely an addictive product, and although it is not the cheapest hair oil on the market, the 100 ml will take you a long time to use up, as you only need a small amount of product every time you use it. Definitely a product I will re-purchase once I've used it up!

Some other products I've used a lot the passed month are (the picture is from April, when I purchased the products, which is why they look brand new):

Redken Extreme shampoo - my first Redken product, but not my last. This is a really good quality shampoo and it has a nice and luxurious smell I think, which reminds me of being at the hairdressers. This shampoo is made to take care of damaged hair, and I bought it because my hair needed some extra treatment after I had colored it, which I think the shampoo gave it. Only thing is that I didn't have the Redken Extreme conditioner, which I think would be most sufficiently to get the full effect.

Clinique Supermoisture foundation in the color 07 Cream - I've used this foundation for years now, but I never had this color before actually, usually I'm a 04 Ivory, but I thought that this color would suit me more when I get a tan, and fortunately for me the past couple of weeks have been very sunny here in Denmark, which have given me the tan I needed to fit this new color. I love this foundation because it has a light coverage, which makes it look very natural, but I covers small spots and gives a very polished look that is still natural, if that makes any sense :-) It has a little shimmer in it, which makes my skin look healthy and moist, but it is definitely a foundation that I would say requires a powder to set it.

Batiste Dry Shampoo - I've heard a lot of good things about this dry shampoo, but I was a little suspicious to use it after I've colored my hair back to my original brown color (I've had blond hair for a long time), because I was afraid the grey powder would be visible in my hair. That is not the case though, cause it is a very easy dry shampoo to distribute in the hair if you brush through your hair a couple of times with your fingers. Also it is a very affordable dry shampoo, and that is always a good thing, right? :-)

Paul Mitchell Smoothing Serum - I finally purchased the 150 ml version of this serum, until April I only had a small sample, which I had used up, so I already knew that I loved this product. And I still do. As the Moroccanoil, I feel it makes my hair look healthier, and I use this product about every other day; the opposite of the days where I use the Moroccanoil. The serum adds a lot of shine to my hair and as an extra bonus it has the most amazing smell!

xo Lise

No comments:

Post a Comment